Get support with breathing difficulties after COVID‑19 if you were not in intensive care when you were ill with the virus.
You have not been in intensive care if you:
- Were in hospital but not in an intensive care unit (ICU), critical care unit (CCU), or intensive therapy unit (ITU)
- Were in hospital but did not need a ventilator (tube that is put into your airways to help you breathe)
- Stayed at home when you were ill
What to do
Speak to your GP or nurse
- Tell your GP or nurse about your breathing difficulties after COVID-19
- They will listen to what is happening and do some checks to understand what is causing your breathing difficulties
- Once they know what is happening they will be able to help, according to the condition diagnosed
Tip: Make notes of your symptoms and take them with you when you speak to your GP or nurse
Speak to us
Our team of respiratory specialists are here to support you with post-COVID breathlessness.
9am – 5pm
Monday to Friday
Last medically reviewed: 28/04/20.
COVID-19 is a new health condition, and more information is coming out all the time. We will update this page with new information as it becomes available.
Help us help you
We need to understand more about breathing and other difficulties after COVID-19. If this affects you, or someone you care for, we would like to hear from you.
By taking our survey you will contribute important information. The data we collect will help guide research and help us develop our services. This will allow healthcare providers and others to better meet your needs.
Sign up to our newsletter to receive information and support. We’ll point you to the latest health advice on staying healthy and getting the help you need.
The Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership is a company limited by guarantee 01863614 (England and Wales). VAT number 648 8121 18. Registered charity in England and Wales (326730), Scotland (SC038415) and the Isle of Man (1177). Registered office: 18 Mansell Street, London, E1 8AA.
Copyright © Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership 2020